Friday, June 19, 2009

"Chai with Gold Swirls" by Karla Nolan, framed painting on glass, s&h incl. N. America



HAPPY TO SAY THAT THIS PAINTING HAS SOLD. Many years ago, I'm dating myself here, I saw the original "Fiddler on the Roof" on Broadway in New York City. I loved it. It was my 21st birthday gift from my mother and father and one of my favorite scenes and tunes was "To Life, To Life, L'Chaim"! Full of energy and vibrancy, a joy to hear and behold.

I've lost family and friends, many of them, over the years and this has taught me in a very big way to cherish life, every day, no matter how tough the days are. This is "chai", "life". My painting, ironically, reminds me of Marc Chagall, although unintentional -- I realized that he was chock full of life in his art work, full of gold, and swirls, and life. I would never be so pretentious to think I was really anything like Chagall artistically, honestly -- it just happened that way! Sometimes glass paints take on a life of their own!

Truly, the photograph doesn't do it justice, obviously best seen in person!


"Chai with Gold Swirls", painting on glass, 6"x6" measured edge to edge glass, frame is 2.5" wide, sold framed as shown, full of iridescence and stained glass appeal, deep colors which are both opaque and transparent, some with shimmer or a bit of marbleized look; $145 includes s&h in N. America; Paypal preferred, click on button below or write KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information

CLICK HERE to sign up for my e-mail newsletter!!!!! AND PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS BLOGSPOT TO YOUR FRIENDS....THANKS SO MUCH FOR LOOKING!






www.dailypainters.com
www.dailyartpainters.com
www.marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com
www.dailypaintersofcolorado.blogspot.com
http://dailypaintersinternationalartgallery.blogspot.com/
http://dailypaintersabstract.blogspot.com/
www.KarlaNolanJudaica.blogspot.com/
www.KarlaNolan.blogspot.com
www.fineprintcollection.com/artists/karlanolan

GREETINGS FROM COLORFUL FORT COLLINS, COLORADO, USA - Karla Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment